Saturday, January 21, 2012

Birthday T-shirt

My first post on this blog. Woo Hoo! I am so excited to start a crafty and creative blog. I hope everyone enjoys it.

I was wanting a fun birthday t-shirt for my little boy. This is what I came up with.

I used wax paper for my stencil. I used my Silhouette (love, love, love) to cut out the circle with the #3 in the middle. You want your design to be cut so it looks correct on the non-shiny side.
Next, I ironed the wax paper shiny side down on my old plain t-shirt.



Then I took silver acrylic paint and mixed with Medium for fabric and started painting. Since I had a dark shirt it took 3 or 4 coats. It took longer than I had hoped.



After letting final coat dry, set the paint according to Medium instructions.
This is the final product.
You may notice the black rings around the silver. Some of the silver bled under the wax paper stencil, so I took a black sharpie and added the black rings I like it better. Some mistakes turn out to be better than the original plan.



I think he looks pretty darn cute!



Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment